Chakra Immersion – Meditation and Yoga to explore the Chakras
Thursday December 1st
7:30 – 8:30pm
According to yoga tradition, the subtle body is a part of us that we can’t see or touch—it’s where our energy flows. It is also referred to as the energy body. There are seven key points in the subtle body that are thought to be vortexes of energy, known as chakras.
Psychologist and expert on the chakra system Anodea Judith compares the chakra system to Maslow’s pyramid in her book, Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self:
- The root chakra links to physiological needs
- The sacral chakra links to safety needs
- The solar plexus chakra links to belonging needs
- The heart chakra links to self-esteem
- The throat chakra links to self-actualization
- The third eye chakra and crown chakra link to self-transcendence
The chakra system is a point of reference to understand what area of life needs to be explored. There are said to be associated physical or emotional symptoms when specific chakras aren’t in harmony, which gives insight into what the unconscious is attempting to teach.
In this event we will explore ways from which to connect, open and express from the seven chakra centers through yoga and meditation.
Please email email@example.com with any questions