Stand Up Paddle-boarding (SUP) Yoga in July: Have you ever wanted to try SUP Yoga? Confession – I’ve gone paddling on these boards, but I’ve never done the yoga on them… so I think it’s time to give it a try! I am looking to get a group of interested people together where we meet a Whonnock Lake. There is a SUP rental company at $25/hour, or you can bring your own board if you have one. This would be a free event, other than the rental cost, for us to have some fun paddling around and trying some yoga poses together! If you are interested in giving this a try, I am tentatively booking Wednesday July 19th @ 7:00 pm as the time, so please email me asap to let me know if you are interested and if this date works for you.
Therapeutic Thursdays: There will be a special therapeutic focus class for each Thursday evening in June/July. All these classes are gentle and therefore are suitable for beginner level students. Please email to register.
- Posture Class: Thursday June 29th @ 7:15 pm – a workshop style class which will help you gain awareness of your postural challenges and how they may be affecting your health, as well as learning some key yoga postures to improve your posture. Regular drop-in rate applies.
- Yoga Foundations: Thursday July 6th @ 7:15 pm – In this class we will take an in-depth look at some of the key postures in yoga – exploring alignment, the health benefits of the poses, and variations using props in each pose. This is a great class for beginner students or anyone interested in getting to understand the postures better.
- Yoga for Pain: Thursday July 13th @ 7:15 pm – Learning how to move in the face of persistent pain using yoga, mindfulness, and breathing techniques. This class teaches how to know when to push ourselves when we are in pain and how to move with more ease & calm.
- Bridging body & Mind: Thursday July 20th @ 7:15 pm – In this class we let our bodies become our own wise teachers, gaining insight into our movement patterns, behaviours, and life decisions off the mat.
- Self-Empowerment Yoga: Thursday July 27th @ 7:15 pm – An exploration of how yoga connects us to our inner strength and wisdom. In this class we will practice postures and meditations that invoke courage, confidence and trust within self.
Outdoor Wednesdays: Occasionally when the weather permits, we will take our yoga mats outside on either the Wednesday morning Back Care Yoga or Wednesdayevening Flow Yoga class. Both these drop-in classes can be found on the online booking system.
Coming in September…
- Prenatal Yoga: Tuesday evenings at 6:00 pm – A 6 week series taught by Asia Mann, yoga instructor and Doula. More information will be posted on the next newsletter. Let your expecting mom friends know about it!
- Core & Pelvic Floor: By popular demand a therapeutic class where we will work in detail with learning to activate & strengthen the deep core stabilizing muscles of the lower abdominals and pelvic floor. This will run as a series of 4 classes – dates to be announced on the next newsletter.
*To pre-register for any of these classes – call, text 604-528-0401 or